Sirovasti is the most intensive, potent external oil application. Sirovasti is a special technique to administer medicated oil on the head. It is very important for our health to keep them safe and to nourished. Shiro Abhyangam or Shirovasti therapy is a procedure that can restore the normal functions of the organs of sight, hearing, smell and taste. The functions of mind such as natural sleep is also balanced with this therapy. The patient is made to sit upright on a wooden stool and medicated oil is applied on body and head. Then a cap made of flexible leather, open on both sides, is fitted on the head and the prescribed medicated oil, slightly warm, is poured onto the cap. The oil is allowed to remain inside the cap for about 45 minutes or till the manifestation of proper signs of efficient treatment, whichever is earlier, and drained out. Afterwards the head is wiped with a clean dry cotton cloth. Again medicated oil is applied on the body and head and the patient is given body bath in warm water. This treatment is done for maximum seven days and requires equal number of days for preparation and for having the post intensive treatments.
Benefits Of Shirovasti
- Nourishes the brain and thereby promotes intellect
- Reduces Anxiety and Stress
- Nourishes the hair roots and makes the hair soft and glossy.
- Helps in curing various disorders related to the eye, sinusitis migraine and also improves the complexion of the skin.
- Balances the vata and kapha in the brain and balance between the brain and skull.
- Indicated in paralysis
- Parkinsons disease
- Improves Sleep