The Ayurveda massage has its origin in the ancient Hindu tradition. Its main objective is to restore the balance of the body and maintain physical and mental health. So, although it is true that in the vast majority of massages and treatments the use of medicated oils is essential, in certain cases are much more useful and recommended dry massages. So, this type of massage is given the generic name of Udvartana massage.
Udvartana is a treatment based on powders composed of minerals, herbs and medicinal species. Then, Udvartana massage stimulates the metabolic process. So, the use of powders, either dry or applied after oil massage, has a mild dermis-abrasive effect, ideal for removing impurities and treating stains and eruptions. So, its active components contribute to purify and activate the metabolism of the skin, and is especially suitable for circulatory disorders, cellulite, fluid retention, obesity etc.
In Ayurveda, beyond cultural stereotypes, a person is considere overweight when this imbalance affects their life and health. So, in this sense, cellulite is not treated as an aesthetic problem but as the result of an imbalance, usually Kapha.
We find that an unbalanced Kapha with a weak digestive (Agni) fire results in excessive accumulation of toxins (ama) which results in cellulitis (among other symptoms).
Benefits of Udvartana Therapy
– Liquefies the fat in the body and helps eliminate it.
– Perform a lymphatic drainage of the whole body.
– Activates circulation.
– Helps eliminate all kinds of toxins.
– Excellent results in obesity and for weight loss.
– Reduces body aches.
– Provides lightness to the body.
– Reduces excess sweat and body odor.
– It reduces sagging and adds muscle tone.
– Reduces fatigue and lethargy.
– Activates the metabolism.
Whom Udvartana Massage Is Suggested ?
- Abdominal Obesity
- Cellulite breakdown
- After childbirth, if you get some extra weight
- Muscular weakness
- Obesity – extremely useful for a fat cutback
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Sclerosis of blood
- Sciatica of Kapha
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Hemiplegia, cerebral palsy
- Motor neuron disorders
- Preventing loosening of skin under a weight-loss program
- Decrease mobility to joints due to excess Kapha, Ama or rheumatoid arthritis
- Removing dead cells from the skin and increasing glow of the skin.